Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Visitor 10,000 arrives with norovirus

Nine months into this little project, and we enjoyed our 10,000th visitor today. While we are not setting the blogosphere on fire, it is nevertheless a milestone worth noting. Mr. /Ms. 10,000 is apparently a disgruntled New Orleans Saints fan, who followed back a salt-in-the-wound comment I left on Craig Giesecke's post at the Metroblogging New Orleans site this morning, and arrived on our "Crown their ass" post for a short visit. I don't know why I leave comments like that. Blame it on Bush. Reggie Bush. Our visitor's ISP is shielded from sitemeter, so I don't know much more about him/her, except to recommend that he/she upgrade their browser (IE 6).

While I am off-topic, this is the view from my terrace -


You are looking at the QE2 which arrived in San Francisco this morning. The QE2 is in the midst of an around the world cruise. Almost 20% of the passengers have contracted a norovirus since embarking on her voyage from New York. As we speak, these rich pukes are spreading their norovirus contaminated tourist dollars all over our fair city. I think I will just stay indoors and watch c-span for a couple of days. Fortunately I still have duct tape and plastic sheeting as recommended by the Department of Homeland Security to protect against exactly this type of biological attack.

Plague Ship.

UPDATE: January 25, 2007
The City was saved when the plague ship slipped out of San Francisco Bay under the cover of darkness at 10:30 last night - seen here steaming in front of Alcatraz (sorry about the picture quality - best I cound do with my camera).


Hawaii, you are the next port of call for this doomed ship and its cargo of diseased passengers and crew. I recommend a high seas interdiction. If that fails, mine the harbor. Good luck.

Divided and Balanced.™ Now that is fair.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Congrats on 10,000 visitors!